Hello RRJ Family and Friends,First and foremost, we hope everyone is continuing to do well and stay safe in these trying times. The staff of Red River Judo has been discussing the current state of things and looking long term at what steps we should take to reopen. Our staff has decided on a phased approach to holding children and adult classes again.
Our initial approach will have a target start date of June 2nd with the following guidelines. Some of these guidelines are not new, but will be more strongly enforced.
- Limited class sizes, Classes will be no more than 10 people.
- Class participants will work with a single partner through class, ideally a family member or roommate if possible.
- Partners will be given a designated part of the mat.
- Mats will be disinfected after every class.
- No Randori and limited Newaza.
- Any student with signs of illness or being “a little under the weather” will be asked to leave class immediately.
- Class participants entering the mat must wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer before they begin training.
- Class participants are encouraged to shower before and after class
- Class participants are encouraged to wear a clean Gi and Rash Guard for each class, which you should be doing anyway, but still.
If there is interest in training, but not in a class setting, we are now offering private training sessions for an additional fee. Please let us know if there are any concerns or questions about training again.
Also! If you ordered a Fuji Rashguard, they are in! We will have them at the gym on June 2nd, so even if you don’t want to train, please feel free to stop by and pick them up.
– The Red River Judo Staff